|Fresh Mustard Greens (gaai-choi)|
Mustard Greens Soup
- 1 catty (600g) mustard greens - gaai-choi, cut stems into chunks (if too thick)
- 1 ginger, sliced
- ½ catty lean pork (shank), sliced
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Blanch pork.
- Prepare mustard greens
- In a large pan bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add ginger and pork. Bring to the boil again and cook for ½ hour.
- Add mustard greens. Cook for another ½ hour.
- Add salt and white pepper
|Mustard Greens Soup|
Note: Mustard Greens are said to bring heat (yang energy) and therefore to help promote circulation and to relieve congestion. Mustard greens taste is quite pungent, a bit stronger than cabbage (same family).