Nothing is better than a chilled fruit salad after a heavy meal or as a snack on a very hot day. This is the first and only Chinese-style dessert I make at home. This is very easy to prepare.
- 14 g agar agar
- 8 cups water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 1 can of fruit cocktail
- 1 kiwi, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- Wash, soak and drain the agar agar.
- In a saucepan add water, sugar and agar agar and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat until all the ingredients are dissolved. Remove the saucepan from the stove.
- Stir in the milk and almond essence.
- Filter the liquid through a sieve then leave to set.
- Once the almond jelly has solidified, slice it into diamond shapes.
- Place pieces into a bowl and pour the fruit cocktail on top.
Add fresh kiwi and apple pieces. Stir well and serve chilled.
You can replace apple and kiwi with any seasonal fruit. Try it in in July with lychees and pineapple! It makes a delicious sweet combo.
For a tastier summer dessert try lychees and orange with a dash of cointreau (orange-flavoured liqueur) and a freshly squeezed lime juice. Yummy!
Love this simple dessert :) A childhood favourite xoReplyDelete