Monday, February 18, 2013

My blog is 2

My blog is 2-year old today.  I published my first post on February 18, 2011. In the latter I simply shared a Chinese soup recipe with potential future readers.
 

Chinese pears and pork soup
Since then my posts have become more informative (I hope) with info on local foods and more photos to illustrate the recipes and their ingredients. 
Over the past 2 years more people have been visiting my blog and I would like to thank those readers. I have also “met” other bloggers who left comments on my blog or via Twitter. Those bloggers are not only from Hong Kong but also from all around the world. I read some very interesting and innovative recipes and lots of them made me drool. Some of them looked so yummy that I had to try them myself. Three of them won my heart and I decided to put them on my blog (with their owner’s agreement). Here there are:

 
I also learnt new ways of making dishes, for example how to make gnocchi with baked potatoes. Smitten Kitchen’s gnocchi are so delicious that from now on I am going to use their recipe.

Gnocchi
I also got interested in making my own sourdough starter after having read various recipes. You might recall my first attempt (not successful). I am now trying again using Flouronmyface’s recipe. It looks much better this time and I hope to make bread soon with it. If I succeed I will definitely write about it.
 
3rd day: the sourdough starter is alive (bubbles have formed)

Although my first objective of writing a blog was to keep accounts of my cooking experiences and recipes, mainly for myself, I am very happy to know that people are reading my posts (thanks to Twitter). I remember my son saying: “that’s good [to have a blog] but how many people read it?”
I hope that my blog’s third year will be filled with new records of culinary events as well as yummy & healthy recipes. I also hope my posts will continue to interest you (my existing readers) and will be viewed by many more people in the future.
 
Wishing you all happy reading, happy cooking and bon appétit!



5 comments:

  1. Congratulation for your 2 years old blog! I love your blog...always follow it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andreano!! Thanks for reading and your encouraging words!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Christine! Hope there will be more years of Chris eat healthy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci beaucoup Heidi for reading my posts and your encouragement. :))

    ReplyDelete