I have planned to add my auntie’s recipe on this blog for almost 2 months now and finally here it is!
Tatan Suzanne's recipe of Sweetened Chestnuts Purée
- 1kg boiled chestnuts (need more raw chestnuts as shells add weight)
- 1kg white sugar
- 10 cl. Water
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4x 500g glass jar
- Peel chestnuts (removed shells).
- In a large pot, put chestnuts in cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire and let soak for 10 minutes. Peel the skin.
- Put chestnuts in the same large pot, cover with water and boil until chestnuts are tender.
- Remove from fire. Drain the chestnuts in a colander and press them in a vegetable-mill (food processor) equipped very a small hole-plate to make vermicelli-like chestnuts.
- Put chestnut-vermicelli, sugar and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Stir well until sugar melt (until content is like a thick syrup)
- Keep stirring for 15-20 minutes (large bubbles are forming so protect your hand with a towel) until liquid thicken.
- Scrape the seeds of vanilla pod and add in purée. Stir well.
- Remove from fire. Let puree cools down completely and put into glass jars.
Enjoy and keep
yourself warm during winter!
Post a Comment