Fresh day lily buds, bamboo shoots, black fungus and pork stir-fry
I bought fresh day lily buds at the market the other day. I checked on Internet and asked some local friends how to cook them. Here is my recipe which is an adapted version of a dish from northern
called “Muhk-séui-yuhk - 木须肉”. China
- 150-200gr fresh day lily buds*
- 20gr black fungus
- 300gr (1/2 catty) lean pork, sliced
- ~300gr bamboo shoot (1 can)
- 1 garlic clove (thinly sliced)
- ½ large onion (thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil (divided in 3 parts)
* see photo on PAGE: Fruits, Plants and Fungus
- 1 tbsp dark soya bean sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Marinate pork slices in 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1 pinch salt and 1 tbsp water for at least ½ hour.
- Wash and soak the lily buds for ½ hour. Rinse and drain.
- Wash and soak the black fungus for at least 1 hour. Rinse and drain.
- Rinse bamboo shoot in water. Blanch in boiling water. Drain and dut into small chunks.
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a cup.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and add onion and garlic in. Stir-fry until translucent. Remove from wok and reserve.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok and stir-fry pork until slightly golden. Remove from work.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok and add black fungus and bamboo shoots. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Transfer onion, garlic and pork in wok. Continue stirring with spatula.
- Add seasoning. Continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add day lily buds and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add water if necessary, salt and white pepper to taste. Transfer to serving bowl.
|Fresh day lily buds, bamboo shoots, black fungus and pork stir-fry|